Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Summer Ohhh Nine

Although I haven't been on a ride in 4 weeks I have managed to stay busy... with things other than work and school (whoa!):

-Moved from the university area of SLC to the oh so trendy Ave's
-Got a pooch. His name is Bear, he's an Australian Cattle Dog (little blue Heeler), he's about 1, loves the trail, and doesn't shit in my house
-Ran the Bryce Canyon Half Marathon (6 minutes faster than the SLC Half)
-Enjoying lots of live music: Park City Roots Rock Reggae Fest, Jenny Lewis, Bon Iver, The Black Keys, and open mic night at Moe's
-Hiking a ton with my homies
-Got a job at Snowbird for the winter (free tram pass worth $1100 included)



I've got some good karma going lately:
Point 1: went on a night run with Bear about 2 weeks after I got him, someone lights a loud firework as we cross the street, he wrangles out of his collar and books it up the Ave's in the dark, I search for 45 minutes (screaming his name and balling to strangers), run home to get my phone (since I've given my number out to said strangers), I get home and my dog follows me through the door as my neighbor explains that he'd been waiting there for 30 minutes.
Point 2: After leaving Shonda's house in Park City I was coming down Parley's Canyon (traffic goes about 75), heard a thumping noise under my feet, my ABS light goes on, drive home since there aren't many places to stop in the canyon, look in my tire well, see the my tire has shredded but stayed in tact.



Lots of plans in the next few weeks too:
-Snake River float trip next Thursday with the PACU crew
-Jupiter Peak Steeplechase August 8th
-Birthday celebrations the weekend after my birthday include the first day of Oktober Fest at Snowbird followed by bar hopping through Park City (without membership fee's!)

Still making silly wishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment