Tuesday, July 7, 2009

4th of July in Jackson

Jackson, WY is the most beautiful place I've been in my life.

Fact.



PACU crew and significant others made the 4.5 hour trek to WY for the holiday weekend. Within 20 minutes of arriving we downed Billy Burgers and signed up for the Jackson 4th of July 10K.



We camped on National Forrest land on Shadow Mountain. I definitely hadn't peed in the woods for years but it was totally worth it for the flow-y single track just a few miles up the fire roads from our site. I got to steel Shonda's Kona Lisa DS and motored up the mountain despite the elevation being twice what I live in... I was feeling so good that I bombed down the trail and totally nailed a log and ate shit. I caught guff the rest of the trip for my sweet spill. After riding with the boys the entire group went for a hike to Grizzly Lake by the Red Cliffs. Dogs aren't allowed in the National Park so we had to stay on the east side... kinda sucky but still beautiful.



We ran the Jackson 4th of July 10k the next morning, I ran average 10 minute miles (absolutely sucking wind the entire time, 7400 ft bizzle). Unfortunately, while I was taking a recovery nap the day before I left my trail running shoes outside of my tent during a thunder shower so it was a pretty squishy 6.2 miles for me... but I did keep my red cowboy hat on the entire time. Classy. We got a pretty rowdy, drunk game of Apple to Apples goin' that night while listening to "country rock". Probably the most fun I've had since I moved from Carbondale.

Going to work and school was a total buzz kill on Monday... I mostly want to quit my job, drop out of school, and move to Jackson. There's definitely a job opening at the hospital there... not that I looked or anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment