Monday, April 13, 2009

SLC 1/2

 Reasons this Saturday is going to be absolutely terrible (with the exception of post-run brews):

1. 13.1 miles without 2 wheels under my butt.

2. Running hurts... a ton.

3. I run about 20 miles a week, but haven't done more than 7 consecutive miles.

5. I'm going to publicly display how terrible I am at running... and how red my face gets after 3 brisk steps.

6. Running at elevation is way hard.

I did my last "long" run on Saturday in the rain, I felt relatively strong and didn't have much pain thanks to the new Mizunos and a week off when the fam was in town. I've been able to maintain 10 minute miles on long  runs which should put me over 2 hours... that's beyond pathetic, people run full marathons in that amount of time. My official goal is just to finish considering this will be the first time I've ran with a bib number, buuut I know I'll be looking down at my sweet new Forerunner 405 to see if I'm keeping my pace up. In any event, Kathy and Ron will drag me along and Shonda promised a piggy-back across the finish line.

Watch me struggle.

Projected finish:

1 comment:

  1. I so wish I was in town to document this momentus occasion with a lot of video and pics (fueled by your's truely drinking a lot) but I'm not... sorry... I've failed you.

    ReplyDelete