Monday, April 27, 2009

Doin' It

I've decided that I'm going to try to get into next year's Pike's Peak Ascent. 13.32 miles up a mountain, about 8,000 foot elevation gain, average of 11% grade. Kinda sounds like a sweet new challenge, mainly because I don't think I'm down with marathoning and the Wasatch Back sounds slightly more awful and team oriented. Plus it'll probably land within days of my birthday, a good way to ring in 22 years. Now I just need to convince Kathy and Ron that their old bones will make it up the hill with me.



That aside, this whole swine flu thing... in case anyone hasn't notice the prevention seems to be living a normal, sanitary life. "Wash hands regularly, sneeze and cough into tissue, abstain from touching eyes and mouth, and avoid sick people." Seriously, a pandemic? I'm not looking at door handles any differently than I usually do.

No comments:

Post a Comment