Saturday, March 10, 2012

Spring in SLC

This time of year in Salt Lake City tends to be my favorite for bike commuting. The inversions start to become less of a problem and the temperatures at night become more bearable for my fingers (despite purchasing Pearl Izumi lobster claw gloves this winter). To be honest, most of my commutes are within two miles of my house... commuting to the hospital involves 2 miles with 500 foot elevation gain, only 3 blocks of that 2 miles are on roads open to cars. It's pretty fabulous.



This morning I got to ride only with a long sleeve jersey and shorts (wool socks and gloves because my digits are wimpy). Also fabulous. Saturdays and Sundays are particularly nice because there is hardly anyone on campus or on the roads and the sun happens to be coming up over the mountain I'm climbing at the same time. Makes for a lot of zen moments with my Surly LHT. A little bit of Ray never hurts either.

No comments:

Post a Comment