Saturday, June 6, 2009

Running at the Butt Crack of Dawn

The PACU Crew took on another running challenge this morning. This morning at the crack of dawn, to be specific. The Salt Lake City Crack of Dawn 10-Miler started with a 2 mile stretch up East Canyon to the lookout over Little Dell Reservoir, down the switch-backs to Emigration Canyon, all the way to This is the Place Park for the finish.



The worst part of this run wasn't the 2 miles up a canyon but the lack of level road to run on. Most of the race had a pitch off to the right which has made my left knee and quad pretty sore. My first race was the Salt Lake Half Marathon with 10.8 minute splits, today's race (my second) I had 9.9 minute splits. I'm pretty happy with that progress considering major lack of training and feeling relatively crappy the past day or two.

Over breakfast San San "the machine" Wu (she placed 2nd for the women overall, first in her age group, and then went mountain biking) was talking about the Jupiter Peak Steeplechase race. It's a trail run in Park City up to Jupiter's Peak and back down for a total of 16 miles. It sounds like a pretty good race to determine if I should do the Pike's Peak half or full marathon next year. There are only 250 places so I'm sure I'll be registered before the end of the week. I've put a lot on my plate for this summer with work and class, but it should be a blast!

June-
13th- Provo Riverwoods 10-Miler

July-
2nd-5th- Jackson Hole camping/ mountain biking trip
18th- Bryce Canyon Half Marathon
31st- Snake River float trip

August-
1st-2nd- Snake River float trip
8th- Jupiter Peak Steeplechase Race

September:
19th- Chequamegon 40 mountain bike race

October:
18th- Moab Other Half Marathon

No comments:

Post a Comment