Thursday, June 4, 2009

Back that Thang Up

New back-up plan! As usual I spent my first day off of the week reading, studying, and worrying. Mostly worrying about how I'm going to carry my fat butt 10 miles for the SLC Crack of Dawn 10-miler on Saturday but also about the constant fear of not getting into medical school. Original back up plan was to apply to nursing school and have my BSN by the time I could apply to medical school again... or just be a nurse and have a relatively normal life with things like free time and sunlight, but that sounds like all kinds of lame.

I started considering grad school since I really don't want to try the nursing bit unless I absolutely don't make the cut as a physician. The University of Colorado, Boulder has a masters program in Integrative Physiology that looks pretty stupendous. In fact, I wish I would have just accepted my offer from University of Colorado, Denver and transferred over so I could get my BS in the department... shoulda' coulda' woulda' I suppose. Either way, the course studies are beyond interesting with classes like Cellular Cardiovascular Physiology and Molecular Genetics of Addiction. Do I hear PhD? I hear school till I'm 50 and broke till I'm 93.

I could always take the easy way out and stick with exercise physiology. It wouldn't be terrible seeing how strong hot boys in lycra are every day.



Oh, and you best believe I'll be applying to SIU's School of Medicine when the time comes. I'm sure they give preference to former Salukis...

No comments:

Post a Comment